5.07.2010

In Praise of Loneliness

Sometimes,
All it takes
To feel loved
Is an interlude
Of utter loneliness.

When i am lonely,
Nothing keeps me company
Except
Everything.

The All,
In its placid indifference,
Winks at me,
Reflecting shards of light
Off the million
Mirrors of
Being,

Nods to me
With wind-bowed treetops,
Quivers in anticipation
And waves madly
With waxen Spring leaves.

Lest i think it is all for me,
i see the
All saluting
the All

From within
The hermitage
Of a self --

We are waving to each other,
You and i
And all,
From high windows
That face each other
Across an abyss --

All that moves
Salutes you;
All that is still
Accompanies you.

Only utter loneliness
Reveals this
Constant,
Loving
Companionship.

--Mr. Gobley

1 comment:

FetchingSideWalk said...

I like it so much.
I'm french.
Keep writting, you're an artist. ;)